For Philo Members: our Annual General Meeting this year will be held on Monday 30th April 2018, 7.30 pm, at 18 Collie St, Fyshwick. Please arrive a bit beforehand so that we can start the meeting on time.
Being involved in theatre isn’t all glamour, glitzy opening nights and champagne! There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes and it’s worth knowing about these things – how we performed during the previous year, what money went where, what worked for us and what didn’t, who does what, and our future plans. There is also the opportunity to have your opinion heard and even the chance to join the committee to help make decisions about the future direction of the Society, PLUS you get wine and nibbles afterwards.
The agenda for the meeting is:
- Confirm the minutes of the previous AGM
- Receive committee reports and the statement of accounts covering activities in the last financial year
- Elect a new committee
- Receive nominations for life members
- Only current financial members can vote at the AGM. If you are receiving this, you are currently a financial member. We have separately emailed those whose membership will expire before the AGM.
- If you would to review a copy of the reports and accounts ahead of the meeting, please request this by emailing the secretary via . These will be available a week prior to the meeting.
- If you have any business to raise at the AGM (not requiring a special resolution), please email the secretary one week prior to the meeting.
- Nominations for committee and proxy nominations must be submitted to the secretary one week prior to the meeting. The form is available to download here.