The Annual General Meeting (AGM) for Canberra Philharmonic Society Inc. ('the association') will be held at 7pm on Tuesday 30 May 2023 at 18 Collie St, Fyshwick.
The agenda for the meeting is:
- Confirm the Minutes of the previous AGM (16 May 2022) and Special General Meeting (30 November 2022) (NB these will be available on request from the Secretary seven days prior to the AGM)
- Receive committee reports on the activities of the association during the last financial year
- Receive and consider the statement of accounts and the reports that are required to be submitted to members under the Associations Incorporation Act 1991, section 73 (1)
- Propose and vote on the following special resolution that would have the effect of expanding the committee to include an additional two ordinary committee members:
That the number of ordinary committee members be increased from three to five by amending item 12 (1) (b) of the association's rules as follows "
35 ordinary committee members; each of whom must be elected under section 13 or appointed in accordance with subsection (4)"
- Elect members of the committee, including office bearers
To nominate for a committee position: At the AGM all committee positions are declared vacant and members are invited to nominate for the committee. Please complete the attached committee nomination form and submit to by COB 23 May 2023.
To nominate a member as your proxy for the AGM: Members are encouraged to attend the meeting in person. If you would like to appoint another member as a proxy to vote on your behalf at the meeting, please complete the attached proxy form and submit to by 7pm 29 May 2023.
Please note that only current members can vote at the AGM, nominate for a committee position or nominate/be a proxy.
While COVID-19 restrictions have eased, we would appreciate you notifying if you plan on attending the AGM.
You can find the proxy and nomination forms below: