Enter the draw below for your chance to win one of ten double passes to the opening weekend of Cabaret. We'll also send all entrants a discount code for opening weekend tickets.
The competition is now closed. Congrats to the lucky winners: Akiv, Sonja, Michele, Alastair, Mathew, Peter, Phoenix, Joan, Carol-Lyn, and Heather.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering the competition you agree to be added to our mailing list, from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- The winners will be chosen by random draw on Thursday 26 June and winners notified by email. Winners will then have 7 days to claim their tickets.
- Winners may choose to attend any of the opening weekend performances (10, 11 and 12 July). In the event that tickets are sold out, we may offer alternative performances in place.
- The competition is not open to current cast or committee members.
- Only one entry per person will be entered into the draw.
Set building officially started Saturday May 17. We started by building some very sturdy walls, the construction of which was overseen by our youngest helper.
We'll be continuing every Saturday from now (10 am - 4 pm ish). If you can spare some time, we'd love all the help we can get. Please get in touch with us via or join our Friends of Philo Facebook group for the latest news.
There's many ways to help - drilling, putting in screws, painting, holding things, helping with props and costumes... No prior experience needed. We also provide lunch. 😀
We had a very successful costume sale on Saturday April 12. Thanks to everyone who came out to shop. We raised some money to go towards our costumes for Cabaret and to cover renovation costs. We were also pleased to be able to donate some old wedding dresses to Angel Gowns ACT.
The costume sale was necessary to clear some space that is now taken up by our new rehearsal room. Thanks to everyone who helped out in sorting costumes, setting up and packing after the sale, and putting on a fine bbq. You know who you are. 🙂
Cabaret tickets are now available via our online ticketing service. Make sure you book your tickets early to take advantage of our early bird specials!
We'll also have some special discounts and promotions for members of our mailing list (sign up to the right) and those who like our Facebook page in the lead up to the show.
Philo's AGM for 2014 was held on Wednesday 26 March at 7.30 pm. Thanks to all our members who came out to The Hut for the first event in our new rehearsal room.
The 2014/15 Committee was elected as follows:
President: Peter Karmel
Vice President: Jim McMullen
Secretary: Anne Macleod
Treasurer: Marie Donnell
Congratulations also to Kate Tricks who was made a life member of the society.